Knitter, spinner, weaver, dyer. Wool is my therapy, what's yours?

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

And were off!!!

I wove. I unwove. I wove. I unwove. 4 times. I just couldn't find a weft color that I was happy with! I started with gold, and together they were great, but the gold over powered the purple in this pattern.
 
 
 
Not to mention the fact that I was trying to get used to the new loom. Picks were wonky and uneven. I was really surprised how much heavier the beater is compared to my Baby Wolf.
 
Then I tried Silver,
 
 
Still not happy. I also tried a light blue, but pulled that out too.
 
I decided to try color on color and use the purple for weft as well. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I like it. Once it is off the loom, wash and pressed, I think it will be fabulous.
 
 
 
 
Also, I love this loom. Love it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment